St Tudy Pre-school and baby and toddler group
St Tudy Pre-school was founded in 1981 to provide early years education to children and parents living in this rural part of Cornwall.
We aim to offer a secure and caring environment in which children can meet, play together and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
As members of the Pre-school Learning Alliance we adhere to the ethos of “Learning Through Play” and encourage children to value their efforts and have confidence in them. We believe that the process of play, not necessarily the resulting product, is the main means in which young children learn.
We meet in the Village Hall in St Tudy, a bright, clean and beautifully refurbished building at the heart of this close knit community. The hall has excellent facilities including a large, securely fenced garden with play house and large climbing frame. This means that the children spend part of the session in the fresh air. (We provide head to toe waterproofs)
Although children tend to progress to the village school, or to schools in neighbouring villages, children from any area or background are welcomed. We aim towards equality of opportunity and strive to be sensitive to any issues of culture, race, gender, special needs and varying family backgrounds. Our Equal Opportunities and Special Educational Needs policies are available on request to any one who wishes to see them.
Our mission statement is to:
"welcome all children with their families and provide a safe environment for children to learn through play as equals whilst acknowledging their individual needs. We aim to give them the opportunity to develop as valued individuals."
- To learn through play in a safe, stimulating environment
- To enjoy the company of other children, interact and socialise
- To build relationships with adults away from the family
- To take part in a group which values everyone, whatever their age, race, gender, cultural background or special needs
- To develop his/her own character with the encouragement and support of adults
- To grow in self-confidence encouraging the ability to choose from a range of activities in a caring environment
- To develop independence of their own by managing apart from parents/carers
- To encourage basic recognition of letters and numbers through play in preparation for school
We hope that your child's time with us at St Tudy Pre-school will be happy, enjoyable and good preparation for their transfer to infant school.
Above all we want children to enjoy themselves and have fun during their early years with us.
2012 Ofsted Inspection; GOOD